Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Hidden Child

I am sorry that I haven't blogged lately.... family must come first and I have had a rush of family obligations these past couple of weeks.  Also, I have been "studying" for my performance on the Glenn Beck Quiz Show, which tapes later today.

It was in the course of my "studies" that I came upon the subject of tonight's blog..... a PBS special titled "The Hidden Child."  Now I know you may be surprised that I am recommending PBS, but, hey, they have great nature shows (aptly named "Nature") and tonight they ran a program called "The Hidden Child."  It is the true story of Maud Dahme, a Jewish woman who, at age six, was hidden by Gentiles in Nazi-occupied Netherlands.  Of the 1.6 million Jewish children living in Europe before World War II, only 100,000 survived the Holocaust!!  Most of those 100,000 were hidden children, saved by righteous Gentiles. 

I marvel at the timing of this important documentary because  I fear that many in the West pay lip service to "Never Again!!"  Why mere lip service?  Because we (by whom I mean the collective "we" in the West) say "never again" and then do nothing in the face of the Evil who plainly state their intention to wipe Israel off the map and exterminate each and every Jew.  We say "never again," but what action  do we take to prevent a repeat of the horrors of the Holocaust?  Not enough, in my humble opinion!  It is so very important to educate ourselves about the intentions of those who hate Israel and the Jews.... and don't forget that those who believe Israel is the "Little Satan" also believe that the United States is the "Big Satan."

In the next few days I will post links to books and articles that I highly recommend you read.  In the meantime, watch "The Hidden Child."*  And then pray to God that you will have the courage and resourcefulness to be a refuge for those in need (or that you will be blessed to find refuge if you find yourself or family in such need).

 *Here is a link to more information about "The Hidden Child":
http://www.njn.net/television/specials/hiddenchild/

No comments:

Post a Comment